LAST MODIFIED: 09.24.19
· On our Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY
By entering the Website, you represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18). You are responsible for maintaining the truthfulness and accuracy of the information, such as your contact information, that you submit to the Company. The Company may block your access to the Website if the information provided is determined to be false or no longer current, or if the Company learns that you are under eighteen (18) years of age. If you believe the Company might have information that is false or from someone under eighteen (18) years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
· Personal information. This is information about you individually and includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, and telephone number, and information about yourself that you provide to the Company, including any information shared with the Company when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
· Transaction information. This is information required for the Company to process transactions and includes, but is not limited to, your address, telephone number, payment information, and the products or services purchased.
· Demographic information. This is information about you that does not individually identify you. Demographic information includes, but is not limited to, your gender, age, region, spending habits, and use and preferences regarding cannabis and related products.
· Location information. This is information concerning your geographic location when you visit the Website, including location provided either by a mobile device interacting with the Website (including through beacon technologies, as discussed below) or associated with your IP address, where the Company is permitted by law to process such information.
· Technical information. This is information about the how you interact with the Website and includes, but is not limited to, details pertaining to your internet connection, your IP address, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details and statistics.
As described in greater detail below, the Company collects this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
· The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide to us on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting services.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders by third parties. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order with a third party through our Website.
· Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we take steps to protect your User Contributions, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
· To contact you about feature updates and provide service-related information, including important Terms of Service updates.
· To provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions.
· To inform you of other products or services available through the Website from our affiliates and other third parties.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile, as applicable. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, such as processing a third party sale of certain goods or services.
· To law enforcement in the event that (a) we reasonably believe that the Website is being used to conduct unlawful activity, (b) we reasonably believe we have information that may aid a law enforcement agency’s investigation into unlawful activity, (c) we determine, in the Company’s sole discretion, that you have violated the Company’s policies, or (d) we determine, in the Company’s sole discretion, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or another person.
· To government or third parties as required by, or permitted by, law, including in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as the Company, in its sole discretion, believes is necessary to exercise the Company’s legal rights or defend against legal claims, threatened legal claims, or claims that the Company, in its sole discretion, determines might be brought against the Company.
· To enforce our Terms of Service.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Sharing Information with Third Parties. As described herein, we may share your information with third parties, including for promotional purposes. We contractually require such third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them. You can control whether we share your email address and/or contact information with third parties so they can send your promotions about their products and services.
· Communications from the Company. We may use information you provide to send you newsletters, alerts, and offers and promotions regarding the Company’s goods and services. You can control whether we send you such communications.
· Targeted Advertisements. You may choose whether to receive targeted advertisements from ad networks and other service providers.
You can exercise your controls and choices by (a) checking the relevant box located on the form on which the Company collects your data (e.g., the registration form and/or Company surveys), (b) logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or (c) sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit this LINK.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of California to opt-out of disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to our contact address below or by e-mailing us at email@example.com We honor all such opt-out requests and it is our policy not to share personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes where you have submitted such a request.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the Website receive the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at 800 902-6047.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures to protect and secure your personal information. However, no data transmission over the internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
In the event that we need to contact you for any reason, including any event that involves your personal information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
We do not track Website visitors over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and we therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. Other third party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you on their websites